Top 5 USA No Deposit Bonuses Based On Bonus Value
In recent years online casino new player no deposit casino bonuses have just about exploded in popularity amongst players all over the world, the United States included. In fact, as of 2018 they're even more popular than regular deposit bonuses at some USA casinos because they're 100% free. They only require new casino account activation to unlock.
Of course, just because no deposit bonus offers are completely free doesn't mean you should claim every one that crosses your path - especially if your objective is to cash out real money winnings from them. The reason is that every no deposit bonus comes with its own terms and conditions (Ts&Cs) which must be fulfilled before you can cash out.
The bonus playthrough requirement (the minimum amount of times you need to wager your no deposit cash bonus or no deposit free spins winnings) listed in the bonus Ts&Cs is particularly relevant. Unless you meet the requirement in full, no casino will let you withdraw any winnings you may have accrued with your no deposit bonus/casino free spins.
Although this is the standard procedure across the USA online casino industry, some casinos set their wagering requirements too high. The result is that they're very hard to meet and thus cash out any winnings from. As such, no deposit bonuses with unrealistic wagering requirements are known as 'low value' and should be avoided at all costs.
That's why we've compiled a list of USA no deposit bonus online casinos with achievable wagering requirements known as 'high value.' How do we know if a no deposit bonus is high or low value? The answer is by running every bonus through the 'expected value equation' which determines if a bonus has positive (high) or negative (low) value.
Later in this article you'll see exactly how expected value works.
As mentioned already, every no deposit online casino bonus has its own terms and conditions i.e. the 'rules and regulations' that govern each bonus.
Their aim is to inform you about how a bonus works, what it's worth, when it expires, what it's wagering requirements are, what games are eligible for bonus play, what percentage each type of game contributes to the wagering requirements, what is the maximum bonus winnings you can withdraw, and much more.
They're also designed to protect online casinos from any misunderstandings down the line which is why you're advised to always read them before you claim a bonus. Here are three of the most important Ts&Cs you should know about:
You can only choose one new player bonus
Most USA online casinos offer a no deposit and regular welcome bonuses (that need a deposit to unlock). Many say in their Ts&Cs that you must choose one or the other. So if you intend to just use a no deposit bonus for the free credits or free spins, go with that. If, however, you intend to make a deposit and capitalise on the free welcome bonus, then that's the bonus for you.
Bonuses have a maximum withdrawal limit
If you think you'll become rich by cashing out no deposit bonuses, think again. All no deposit bonuses have a maximum withdrawal limit specified in their Ts&Cs. This is to limit a casino's financial liability. In other words, to ensure you don't bankrupt a casino with your 100% free bonus. Withdrawal limits vary from casino to casino but typically range between $20 and $100.
Must make a deposit to withdraw winnings
This is a bit of sneaky term that can surprise you if you don't know about it. Even though most USA online casino no deposit bonuses let you cash out your winnings without a deposit, there are some exceptions. In those cases their Ts&Cs specify that to 'release' your no deposit bonus winnings you must make a minimum initial deposit. In other words, no deposit no bonus winnings.
By working out the expected value (EV) of a no deposit bonus you'll determine if the bonus is worth claiming or not. The EV of no deposit bonuses can be calculated by inputting three variables into the EV equation - the bonus size, the bonus wagering requirement and the casino / house edge of the game you play with bonus money.
EV equation: Total Bonus - (Wagering Requirement x House Edge) = EV.
Let's examine some practical examples. We've selected our top 5 no deposit online casinos so let's see how their respected no deposit bonus (NDB) offers compare in terms of their expected value. It should be noted that to standardise the comparison, we chosen a house edge of 1% i.e. a slot game with a return to player of 99%.
Slots LV Casino is offering a $22 No Deposit Bonus with coupon code SLOTS22. It has a playthrough requirement of 100x and a maximum withdrawal limit of $125.
Before we calculate the bonus EV, let's take a look at some of its US-friendly bonus Ts&Cs:
- This bonus is only available to first time players at Slots LV Casino
- Only one bonus is permitted per player upon new account registration
- You can only unlock this no deposit bonus with coupon code SLOTS22
- This bonus is subject to a 100x wagering requirement
- It has a maximum withdrawal limit of $125 on winnings (any winnings over and above will automatically be forfeited) upon withdrawal
- You can only play slots, scratch cards and keno can be played with this bonus
- You may be required to provide identification documentation to Slots LV when cashing out to confirm your identity and account information you provided
Slots LV Casino No Deposit Bonus EV
$22 - ((100 x $22) x 1%) = EV
$22 - ($2200 x 1%) = EV
$22 - $22 =EV
0 = EV
This shows the EV of Slots LV Casino's NDB as being zero which means it has neither a positive nor a negative expected value. In other words, it's telling us that this bonus could go either way in terms of paying you out or not. All in all, it's still worth claiming.
iNetBet Casino is offering all new players the chance to claim its $10 New Player Free Chip. You can activate this bonus offer by entering bonus code: NEW18. The bonus has a playthrough of 15x and a maximum withdrawal cap of $50.
Here are more Ts&Cs:
- One no deposit bonus per player
- Only one new player bonus can be redeemed per new player account
- iNetBet may request additional ID documentation to verify account information
- Promotions are for a limited time only and iNetBet may end any promotion without prior notice whenever it chooses
- All no deposit bonuses have a maximum cash out of 10x the bonus given i.e. $50
- During NDB play single bets cannot exceed 25% of the free chip value i.e. $2.50
- You can't claim this NDB if you live in Latvia, Indonesia, Armenia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Ukraine, Turkey, Lithuania, Poland, Serbia, Malaysia, Bulgaria, Russian Federation, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Romania, Croatia, Belarus or Albania
iNetBet Casino No Deposit Bonus EV
$10 - ((15 x $22) x 1%) = EV
$10 - ($330 x 1%) = EV
$10 - $3.30 =EV
$7.70 = EV
As you can see, iNetBet's NDB has come out with a healthy $7.70 expected value which is more than enough reason to claim this 100% free USA-friendly online casino bonus.
Planet 7 Casino is offering an exclusive $65 Free Chip you can unlock and claim today with no deposit bonus code: 65NDB. This 100% free online casino bonus offer has a 30x and a 60x playthrough depending on the game. It's minimum and maximum withdrawal limit is $100.
Other NDB Ts&Cs include:
- You may not redeem more than one bonus at Planet 7 Casino at the same time
- This bonus has a 30x wagering requirement for slots, scratch cards and Keno, and 60x requirement for video poker and permitted table games.
- You can't use it to play Roulette, Craps, Sic Bo, War, Pontoon 21, Pai Gow Poker or Baccarat
- The NDB maximum and minimum withdrawal limit is $100
- Any winnings over and above the minimum and maximum withdrawal limit will automatically be removed upon your request for a withdrawal
- If you play any games other than those eligible as part of the no deposit bonus offer, your winnings will automatically be forfeited
- If you redeem a no deposit bonus you're not entitled to, any winnings you built up from that bonus will be removed
Planet 7 Casino No Deposit Bonus EV
$65 - ((60 x $65) x 1%) = EV
$65 - ($3900 x 1%) = EV
$65 - $39 =EV
$26 = EV
In this case, Planet 7 Casino's no deposit bonus has positive value of $26 dollars, which are 26 reasons to take advantage of this bonus. This is another reason why this premier virtual casino is so popular amongst first time US online casino players.
SlotoCash Casino currently has an exclusive no deposit promotion where you can claim and platy 50 Free Spins on popular slot game Lucha Libre 2. This no deposit free spins bonus requires coupon code 50WELCOME to unlock. It has a 60x playthrough requirement and a maximum withdrawal limit of $200.
Here are more of its Ts&Cs:
- You may only claim SlotoCash's no deposit bonus if you are new player i.e. you haven't made even one deposit at the casino
- You can only withdrawal winnings if the amount of your withdrawal request is over $25 but does not exceed $180
- Any funds exceeding the withdrawal request of $180 will be removed from your account before your request is granted
- The casino will only process your no deposit bonus winnings withdrawal request once you send through a utility bill with an address that matches the one you used to register your SlotoCash account
- You may not claim this bonus if you live in Mauritius, Belarus, Romania, Brazil, Montenegro, Russia, Lithuania, Armenia, Indonesia, Uzbekistan, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Albania, Hungary, Kyrgyzstan, Slovakia, Poland, Malaysia, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, UK, Croatia, Tajikistan, Moldova, Ukraine, Latvia, Macedonia or Bosnia and Herzegovina
SlotoCash Casino No Deposit Bonus EV
Assuming each free spin on Lucha Libre 2 video slots is worth $1, let's assign a total value of $50 to this bonus.
$50 - ((60 x $50) x 1%) = EV
$50 - ($3000 x 1%) = EV
$50 - $30 =EV
$20 = EV
As you can see, given the variables, SlotoCash Casino has an overwhelmingly positive value of $20 which means you should definitely claim and use it today.
Desert Nights Casino is giving away a $20 no deposit bonus to all new players just for registering a new casino account. This bonus has a 60x playthrough requirement and a maximum cashout of $150.
Here are a more of its terms and conditions:
- You can't redeem more than one no deposit bonus simultaneously
- You can claim this offer provided you haven't made a deposit at the casino or claimed a similar bonus before
- You may redeem winnings from this bonus of $25 or more
- You must playthrough the entire bonus before you make a withdrawal request
- The bonus wagering requirement is 40x
- You may not use this bonus to play any and all variants of Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Video Poker or Baccarat
- You may not use take advantage of this bonus if you live in Croatia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Mauritius, Slovenia, Russia, Lithuania, India, Albania, Latvia, Portugal, Slovakia, Ireland, Poland, Turkey, Hungary, Bulgaria, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Armenia or Brazil
Desert Nights Casino No Deposit Bonus EV
$20 - ((60 x $20) x 1%) = EV
$20 - ($1200 x 1%) = EV
$20 - $12 =EV
$8 = EV
It's easy to see why Desert Nights Casino attracts players from across the United States and far beyond with this positive value of $8.
Despite the fact that each of our top 5 USA no deposit bonuses have different expected values, they are all as worthwhile as the next to play at, which is why we recommend all of them. If you're torn as to which of these American-friendly no deposit online casinos is best for you, the solution is simple: Visit them all and claim all of their bonuses.